Let's go back to water..




Your hair loves water!
I can not stress that enough.
You might not like the affects water may leave on your nature hair. We all know water will cause your afro hair to shrink, and oh yea, the shrinkage is real. It will take your bra strap length hair all the way up to a TWA.
Once your hair shrinks up, the de- tangling process can be a pain. If not done with patience and gentles hands, de- tangling your hair in such a shrunken stage will  promote extra breakage.
Do not let that keep your head away from water.
It is best to wash your hair in sections to prevent your hair from shrinking and tangling up together. I prefer to wash my hair in about 5/6 braids or twist. This technique keeps my hair from tangling, reduces shrinkage and makes the next process of deep conditioning easier.
Q: What is your favorite hair product?
A: Water.
Before styling and touching my hair,  I spritz my hair with my water bottle of leave in conditioner. I made the leave in conditioner, so I know it contains 90% water 8% conditioner 3% oil. I allow my hair to soak up the water, add oil and a creamy styler to actually style up my hair. (pin it up, tuck and roll or bun it.) Notice the steps? L.O.C.
Moisturizing your hair is something that is done daily.
Hydrating your hair is something that should occur at least once a week.
Moisturizing I went over in Nappy to Curly.
Hydrating your hair is not the same as moisturizing.
Hydration occurs when your hair is fully weighed down by water.
Here is a study you can do on your own.
Get in the shower and put your head under the shower head.
Pay close attention to your hair. This will be very beneficial in your future.
Watch how your hair goes from just being wet, until fully saturated with water and your hair hangs down from the weight. That is when your hair is hydrated.
 
I wash and deep condition my hair once a week. So on a weekly basis, my hair gets hydrated.
 
Without water your hair will not thrive, if thriving hair is what you are seeking. The hair not only requires water saturation from the outside, but from the inside as well. By drinking the recommended amount of water for your body weight daily, you will see the nature shine, luster  and over all health of your hair improve.

 

Comments