The Take Down

4 weeks later when my Mini Twist start resembling Sister Locs , it is time for the take down.



Much like installing a hair style, time is a huge factor when taking down your style. Make sure you have plenty of it to spare. Never rush to take down or install any hair style.

 If you are in a rush or simply do not have the time, I would advise you to leave your hair alone and come back when you are sure you have the time to put in.

Being patient and taking your time allows you to handle your hair more gentle for less damage and less stress to your strands.

I began with basing my hair.  First I spritz my hair with a light mist of water then I apply coconut oil on my scalp and massage it in.  I base my hair with coconut oil because  it feels good to my soul, makes my hair softer and easier to deal with, plus it serves as my pre-poo before I apply shampoo.


I always work in sections. Some times 4 sometimes 6 sometimes 7, but always in sections. It makes handling my hair easier and provides some much needed organization.

Here I am working in four sections. Two in the front and two in the back. From there I simply pull the twist down one by one, un-twisting each one.

 Placing my index finger at the base and pulling it through until the twist is completely separated.  Once the twist is out, I do a light finger detangle, making sure to remove any knots, tangles and shed hair.




Twisting your hair properly, makes a huge impact when taking down your twist!

Improperly twisted hair will take more of an effort to take down,  causing you to tug and pull at your strands to get the twist apart. All of that tugging and pulling can lead to damage and breakage.

Properly twisted hair is much more easier to take down, avoiding damage and breakage to your hair strands.

In total, it took me four hours to take down my mini twist.

Comments

Post a Comment