You need to ✂ it.

 
 
 
 
Them ends are way to split, you need to cut it!
That damage way to real, you need to cut it!
If I can see threw it, then you should cut it!
 
 
If the goal is longer hair, why do I have to cut it? Remember we talked about Afro hair breaking easily and that breakage is why you can not see growth?
Well damage hair breaks, BAD.
Besides the fact that the hair looks horrible, damage ends can cause more tangles and add even more damage.
 
Will damage hair grow?
Absolutely
Will you see it retain any length?
Chances are very slim.
 
Once you begin a healthy hair care routine, you might want to start fresh with nice clean ends. Healthy hair should be the goal over longer hair. Healthy hair retains length, healthy hair will thrive. Always choose Health over Length.
 
How often do you clip your ends?
Because I am trying to grow my hair longer, you will not catch me sitting around counting weeks like, "Time to get a trim!". Umm no. Instead, I wait for my hair to tell me when I need a trim.
This technique comes from learning your hair.
When my hair tangles up at the end more often, forming knots, I know I need a trim. When I look at my ends and see a lot of splits, I know I need a trim.
I  trim my hair about 2/3 times a year.
I do low manipulation styling on a regular basis. I wear protective styles on a regular basis. I don't use heating tools. (once or twice a year) I keep my hair moisturized daily and deep condition weekly.
The way I care for my hair, plays a major role in not needing a trim more than 2 or 3 times a year.
Someone else might need to trim more often or even less often.

Comments