The Get Back from A Set Back.... Pt 2




I am kicking off my Hair Boot Camp with some MiniTwist. One of my favorite low manipulation styles for many reasons.   When my hair is in MiniTwist, I do not have to worry about detangling or using any styling tools for at least 4 weeks.  For me, that is enough reason to dedicate the time and patience to install my twist. All 8 hours!                                                                        


                                                                   Week One

After following the 7 Steps to my Hair Care Boot Camp, I was ready to twist. Grabbing small sections applying my whipped Shea butter cream and a finger dab of Eco Styler, I began twisting my hair.

Smaller Twist are my preference for this style because I wanted my twist to last at least 4 weeks. I do not always install my MiniTwist this small, so feel free to twist bigger if necessary.

 When I first apply my twist,  it is important that I give my twist time to "loc" together. I wear them just as they fall and I do not attempt to wash them for the first 2 weeks. After that , I can co wash my twist.  If I air dry or blot my hair very gently. I have no problems with my twist maintaining and they do not unraveled.




At First  the Twist appear straight and offers more length.











 Over time you can see the texture change from moisturizing and co-washing. However the twist are still intact.








If you are experiencing unraveling with your twist, you should try to practice the proper way to twist.

* Twist in one position*  It's natural for your hand to want to go down as you twist. Practice keeping your hair up, twisting your hair tightly until you have to move your hand down,  letting your hair tell you when its time to move your hand.

*Separate your hair evenly* To twist, you separate your hair in two sections. Make sure those sections are even. With even sections you can twist all the way down with out borrowing or splitting up your sections. This prevents damage and makes your take down much easier.

Practice these two steps each time you twist your hair and it will improve your twist as well as your twist out.


                                                                          Week Three


Maintenance


How I maintain my MiniTwist is very simple , which is why I wanted to kick off my Hair Boot Camp with this style. I simply keep my hair moisturized and keep my routine as simple as possible.

Daily Moisturizing with a spray bottle of water, leave in conditioner and some oil to seal in the moisture.  Then off to work.

For my night time routine, I really take advantage of the style by using the GHE or Baggy Method. I apply tea tree oil to my scalp and massage that in for 5-10 minutes. I apply a plastic conditioning cap to my hair then cover it  with a bonnet. Then off to bed.






MiniTwist are a great way for me to give my hair a break for weeks at a time and still have the ability to ensure that my hair is well moisturized. Low Manipulation styles along with the proper balance of protein and moisture,  are key factors in my Hair Boot Camp.

Comments