Hair Care Bootcamp?



              Welcome to Hair Care Boot-camp  


What is Hair Care Boot-camp?

My Hair Care Boot-camp is a strict Hair Care Routine that I will follow on a month to month basis, with the high hopes to improve my hair's state of health.  By completing 7 steps each month, then leaving my hair alone until the next month will allow me to monitor the progress my hair may or may not be achieving.

I will share my process with you but you must keep in mind, every head of hair is different. You may be protein sensitive, while I am not.  You may have high porosity hair while I have low porosity. TO KNOW WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOUR HAIR... YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR HAIR. With that being said, these are the steps that work for me. If they work for you too, Great!!! If they don't, I would recommend you finding your own steps that work for your hair and stick with it. Being consistent is the only way to see real results.


 MY 7 STEPS.



1. HOT OIL TREATMENT

  Hot oil treatments add major benefits to your hair. Hot oil treatments will improve the moisture balance in your hair. It will soften up your hair making it easier to handling, touch and detangle and prevents hair breakage. I prefer to do my Hot Oil Treatment before shampooing, serving as a pre-poo, plus it allows me to de-tangle my hair with ease.


2. WASH
     
   I am a fan of water rinsing and co washing, so through out the month I probably co wash or water rinse once a week. However, once a month I make sure my hair is thoroughly clean. Removing all product and build up my hair occurred over the month and giving my hair a fresh, clean slate. When you hair is of the more kinkier side, such as my own, practice washing your hair in sections. I prefer to braid my hair in 6 or 7 big braids. The braids keep my hair strands from tangling up with each other during the shampoo.
             

3. PROTEIN TREATMENT

                 
  There are several benefits that a Protein Treatment can provide to the health of your natural hair. Protein is the building block of our hair's make up. I talked a lot about the benefits I received from Protein treatments in a previous blog entry How about Some Protein. I can not stress enough, how well you have to know your hair before applying a Protein Treatment. For me, when my hair is damaged or in a damaging state, Protein Treatments are essential in bringing my hair back to health and strengthening my hair strands. Once a month , I will apply a protein treatment to my hair after it has been washed. I only apply protein treatments on clean hair.
                  
               

4. DEEP CONDITION

                             "To deep condition your hair, is to love your hair" 

Deep conditioning your hair is very important. Deep conditioner restores moisture in your hair while improving the hair elasticity making the hair less prone to breakage. I deep condition my hair with every hair wash. With my hair sectioned off I apply the deep conditioner, making sure my hair is fully de-tangled. Once the deep conditioner is applied all over, I place a plastic cap over my hair then a scarf. I like sleeping with deep conditioner, however it is proven to  be more effective if used with warm heat under a hooded dryer for approx 30 mins.




5. DUST/TRIM/CLIP
    
 Clipping, dusting, or trimming your hair is a great way to bounce your hair back to health. Damaged hair, is much like relaxed hair. The only way to truly eliminate that hair is to utilize hair shears. I suffered from severe heat damage. The first cut in May was to remove most of that damage. Over the months I was able to cut less and less. Now I plan on dusting my ends each month with every wash with hopes of seeing an improvement of my hairs overall health. In Hair Care Boot-Camp , the main focus is the health of the hair versus the length of the hair.           
                   

6. MOISTURIZE


  Moisture, Moisture, Moisture. I can not stress the importance of keeping our natural hair moisturized and how much our hair can flourish from the benefits of moisturizing. Dry hair breaks, much like a dry leaf would crumble and break. Before ever styling or touching my hair , I spray my leave in conditioner, apply an oil of choice. Lastly, I will apply a hair cream and style my hair. I prefer to follow the L.O.C. Method to lock in the moisture in my hair.
 I re-moisturize my hair everyday, or every other day or every two days, depending on hair dry my hair feels.



7. PROTECTIVE STYLE/LOW-MANIPULATION STYLE 


   This Step is the most critical step in my Hair Care Boot-Camp. For me, I have learned that leaving my hair alone is the best way to improve my hair's state. My hair stays moisturized and receives less breakage with little to no manipulation at all. There are a ton of different ways to Protective style. In my blog post Miss Protective ,  I went over more information regarding how to protective style and what is a protective style.  Protective Styling is beneficial to your hairs health as well as retaining your hair length. 
 
.






 

Comments