Moving Along...








Two and half hours later....  Marley Twist take down was over. By far the most easy and fast install and take down, EVER!!! 
Definitely one of the main reasons the Marley Twist are my favorite to install. 






My Marley Twist installation lasted  for 4 weeks.  With 4 week protective styles, co-washing is never an option. After that many weeks of build up, my hair needs a thorough cleanse.
I've always been a fan of clay washing.  Benzidine Clay is definitely the most popular clay to use. Although,  I have been experimenting with  different types of Indian Clay.  For me, cleansing clay provides a gentle  wash while also providing major definition to my curl pattern.




Adding a tablespoon of Olive Oil to the dry clay mix. Then slowly add water. Adding only enough water to make a "paste" like texture. 




After a light detangle with Coconut oil, I place my hair in 6 sections. 3 Sections on each side.





 Using an application brush, I start with the back section coating each strand with the clay. I repeat this process with each section until the clay mix is applied evenly over all of my hair. Leaving the clay on for about 25-30 minutes or until the clay starts to dry, then Rinse. 



    Texture Shot: After Clay Rinse No Products
                                         



Putting my hair back into 6 sections. I apply a warm deep conditioner.
                  


After washing out the clay mask, it's time to deep condition. This is the time I like to detangle thoroughly with a wide tooth comb, making sure I remove all shed hair, knots and tangles. This is also the time I get sleepy . I put on a plastic conditioning cap, cover the cap up with my bonnet and it's off to bed. 

Sleeping with deep conditioner is certainly not a requirement for anyone. I personally choose to sleep with my deep conditioner to avoid sitting under a hooded dryer. More importantly, I love the way my hair feels the next day.






                 


Comments